Top 6 Salesforce.com Myths
- Myth: With Salesforce.com, you don’t have to install software. Reality: The no software mantra is a myth. If you need to integrate with Microsoft® Outlook®, Word, handhelds, or use offlinesync, you need to install separate programs for each process. You will need to enter a security token each time you connect.
- Myth: Salesforce.com Professional only costs $65 per month. Reality: You may enter a contract with the Professional Edition at $65/user/month, but you may soon realize that in order to have automated weekly backups performed, you need to upgrade to a higher edition at twice the cost. All of the management reports in Salesforce.com can be created with ACT! and Crystal Reports® – for less. You may get more reports in Salesforce.com out-of-the-box, but you definitely pay for it.
- Myth: Salesforce.com is easy to set up. Reality: Not necessarily… For example, if you want a custom field to be in Leads, Contacts, Accounts and Opportunities, you have to create that custom field FOUR TIMES and then link them to each other.
- Myth: Writing Letters in Salesforce.com is easy. Reality: 17 clicks to do a simple mail merge. The same process takes 8 clicks in ACT!.
- Myth: I can use Salesforce.com to send mass e-mail campaigns. Reality: True, but with the Salesforce.com Professional Edition, your entire company can only send 500 per user per day. The Enterprise and Unlimited editions can send 1000, but that is the maximum.
- Myth: Salesforce.com gives me all of my data in the offline client. Reality: Not true. With the Salesforce.com offline client, you are limited to: 5,000 accounts, 4,000 leads, Limited number of events.